1. Reviewing Organization.
1.1. All scientific articles submitted to the Editorial Board of the scientific journal "Vestnik of the Mari State University. Chapter: Agriculture. Economics" (hereinafter – Vestnik) must be reviewed.
1.2. The Editor-in-chief determines the correspondence of the article with the journal’s profile and the requirements for its design; the executive secretary sends it for reviewing.
1.3. All reviewers are recognized experts and have publications on the subject of peer-reviewed materials for the last 3 years.
1.4. Reviewing is double blind, i.e. neither the author nor the reviewer can see the names of each other. The editors of the journal send copies of the reviews or motivated refusal to the authors of submitted materials.
1.5. The positive review is not sufficient grounds for the publication of the article. Editor-in-chief takes the final decision on publication.
1.6. When the Editorial Board accepts the article for publication, the Executive Editor of Vestnik informs the author about it and specifies publication terms. The text of the review is sent to the author by e-mail or by regular mail.
1.7. The originals of reviews are kept in the Editorial office of Vestnik within 5 years from the date of publication. The editors are also responsible for sending copies of the reviews to the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation upon request.
2. Requirements to the content of the review.
2.1. The review should include a qualified analysis of the article material, objective reasoned assessment and reasonable recommendations.
2.2. The review covers the following issues:
- whether the content of the article corresponds to the topic stated in the title, to what extent the article corresponds to the modern achievements of scientific and theoretical thought;
- the availability of the article to the readers for whom it is designed, in terms of language, style and arrangement of the material, clarity of tables, diagrams, figures and formulas;
- whether it is advisable to publish the article taking into account the previously published literature on this issue;
- what exactly are the positive aspects and shortcomings of the article, what corrections and additions should be made by the author.
2.3. The final part of the review should contain conclusions about the article as a whole and a clear recommendation about the advisability of its publication in Vestnik (recommended, recommended, taking into account corrections of shortcomings noted by the reviewer, or not recommended to publish) on a particular scientific the direction corresponding to the nomenclature of scientific specialties approved by the Higher Attestation Commission of the Russian Federation.
Review of the article for the journal "Vestnik of the Mari State University. Chapter: Agriculture. Economics" should contain the following items:
- Title of the article
- The relevance of the research
- The novelty of the research
- Practical significance of the research
- The article is recommended / not recommended for publication in the journal “Vestnik of the Mari State University. Chapter: “Agriculture. Economics”.